Monday, October 20, 2014

Being a Part of Things

Although much of the work that I do for my internship is done wherever me and my computer happen to be day to day, going to shows is a big part of working in the live entertainment business. Being in and around the atmosphere of live music is something that I have the opportunity to do very often as a part of my internship. Through my shadow with Drusky last semester, I was able to attend several shows and get a feel for what goes on in the hands on aspect of the business. Getting the opportunity to work with the venue staff, security, production managers, and box office managers was a really interesting experience and has made me feel much more comfortable attending shows as more than a fan now. When going to shows, sometimes I am asked to lend a hand to whoever needs an extra person around the venue. On the other hand, sometimes shows are pretty well taken care of in advance of the doors opening. In the case of the latter, I am able to get some face time with the other Drusky employees and even complete some of my work while at the show. Even if I don’t have a specific task assigned to me, I still enjoy going just to be a part of the atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment