Monday, September 15, 2014

Great Responsibility

At the beginning of this week, Josh contacted me and said that he wanted me to start learning how to do weekly press releases for Drusky. Using a screen-share video chat session, he walked me through exactly what goes into a press release and how to do one in the correct format. The press releases consist of the announcements of new shows with all their info, as well as a listing of all shows to which tickets are available for purchase. The First press release that I was assigned to do was rather lengthy and took me a fair amount of time to complete. These press releases are also sent to 105 different media outlets throughout the city, so it becomes even more crucial that the information I include is both correct and formatted well. Time management has definitely become one of my stronger suits since starting my internship. These projects need to be completed in a timely fashion and I have to schedule accordingly so that I can get them finished. Because i don't work in a formal workplace environment, it becomes all the more important that I remain self-driven to complete my work. By this time, I have now become relatively fast and efficient at completing my weekly emails to reps, so I now have more time to budget towards completing the press releases. I look forward to hopefully attending some shows in the upcoming week to work at the venues with the production managers as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment