Monday, September 15, 2014

The Real Work Begins

As the following week passed, I completed all the necessary paperwork so start my internship and in doing so, was asked by Josh to meet again so we could discuss the first project that I would be working on. During my meeting with Josh, he explained to me that I would be contacting all reps for local bands playing at our shows on a weekly basis. I would be providing them with information to help them promote their shows, as well as gathering information from them regarding the number of tickets they had sold for the show. Given that Drusky is Pittsburgh's largest concert promoter, I didn't realize right away how big of a task this really was. While learning the correct way to correspond with the band's reps, I had to set aside a considerable amount of time every day to work on the emails and make sure that they were clear and that all the information included in them was without fault. This project definitely forced me to step outside of my comfort zone a little bit. Communicating with all these people and dealing with important information was pretty daunting at first. However, as the days passed, I became more and more comfortable in my correspondences and also found ways to work on the emails more efficiently so I could still dedicate plenty of time to my coursework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment