Monday, September 15, 2014

The Opportunity

 As I began the school year this fall, I knew that I wanted to take any possible chance I could to start an internship. Because I am a transfer student, I came into the program a year late and I'm trying my best to get caught up in the SAEM program. Last semester, I did a shadow with Drusky Entertainment and I got to see for myself what goes into working in the live entertainment industry. I loved every second of it and I knew from the experience that it was definitely something that I wanted to make a career out of. One advantage that I had coming into this semester is that I personally know many of the people that work at Drusky and I knew they were searching for interns. I contacted Josh Bakaitus, Drusky's VP, and we met over coffee to discuss me interning with them. The interview went really well and I was brought on board to intern for the semester. Josh told me that the scope of my duties would cover the marketing and promotions side of the business, and that my work would be done on my own, from my computer. Although I was very excited, I knew that starting this internship would prove to be a massive commitment and that I would have to learn to budget my time as effectively as possible in order to keep up with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment