Thursday, December 4, 2014

Scaling Things Up

To date, there has not been anything that has occurred over the course of my internship that encompasses everything that I have learned and puts it to use more so than the undertaking that we are currently working on. We have recently announced a huge music festival which will be taking place in the strip district. This festival will involve over 70 bands and will be played at venues all throughout the area. Marketing and promoting for this event presents a new set of challenges simply because of its size. Creating promotional tools for each of these bands to use is something that I have been assigned to completing. This involves creating individualized show posters for each of the bands to use, as well as corresponding with them and their reps to ensure that they are working to promote the festival in their local areas and hometowns. This assignment has also forced me to teach myself how to use Photoshop, which is something that I have always wanted to learn but never had a real applicable use for until now. I’m sure moving forward having this skill will make me more useful in promotion and I’m looking forward to being able to put it to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment