Thursday, December 4, 2014

Work Has its Perks

Over the month of November I was eager to become more involved with working shows and seeing more of the action up-close and personal. When one of my favorite rappers, G-Eazy, came across the lineup, I was excited to be a part of the show and wanted to get involved in any way that I could. Josh offered to let me sell tickets to the show hand to hand to help get the word out around campus. As the show approached I was also asked to work in ticketing and box office for the event itself. Although working box office was something that I was somewhat familiar with, I had never done a show of this scale and it was definitely more hectic than I was used to. The process at the door took a considerable amount of time compared to other events that I had worked in the past, but by the time the headliner was ready to perform, we had most if not all customers at the door taken care of. A bonus of working for the promoter, I was able to watch the main set from the side of the stage and capture some pretty cool pictures for our social media sites. Definitely a show I will remember for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment