Thursday, December 4, 2014

Spreading The Word

Social media plays a huge role in modern marketing, especially in our industry. Being able to promote across multiple platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram extend the reach of your business and helps to draw in new customers who may see it through one of their friends who is also using that particular platform of social media. Recently, I was told that I would start playing a much more integral role in what the company does from this perspective. I was given admin access to our Facebook page and was told that I would start posting events for all the different shows that come across our lineup. Creating these events and getting the word out across Facebook is an important aspect of helping shows to sell. I know that I, personally, have heard about numerous shows through Facebook before I started working in the business so I realize how effective this can be to drawing attention to an event. Creating these events is not necessarily difficult, but it is time consuming by nature because of the process and because of the sheer number of shows that we promote. In a week, there may be upwards of ten new shows that are announced and so keeping up with them can be quite a task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment